Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ben's birthday card

My brother-in-law, Ben is celebrating another birthday in just a few days, so I thought I'd make another balloon card.  I used birthday paper for the top and bottom borders, then cut out balloon shapes from decorated scrap booking paper.  I thought it would be fun to use black thread for the balloon strings, so I tied them onto the bottom of the balloons, then added some glue to the card so that the strings wouldn't fly away too much.  The balloons literally pop out a bit because I used foam tape behind them.  I added my own writing on the card to complete it.

I know Ben will enjoy receiving this simple hand-made card.  I enjoy making cards because it is a creative outlet for me and because it causes me to think and pray for the person while I'm making something for them.

No comments: