Thursday, April 29, 2010

Strollin' around Monterey Bay...

The next three days of my trip in California were spent with my sister-in-law, Abigail, her husband, Brian, and their four kids--Gabriel, Annalina, Ross and Carson. I was so glad to see everyone, especially Carson, who I'd never met before!

The first full day with them was spent helping with home schooling the older two. I taught a choir class to Gabriel and Annalina, highlighting the basics of singing, as well as focusing on the importance of drawing attention to the Lord when we sing songs about Him. We did it again on my last day, and they enjoyed it thoroughly. In the late afternoon, I was given a driving tour of the Monterey Bay. I hadn't been there in years, so it was such a beautiful sight for me to see...

The sky was a perfect blue and the view of the ocean was splendid. After we saw a crowd of people looking over the fence, Brian pulled over to see what it was all about. He got out of the car and ran towards the crowd. Since I had my camera, I thought I could take a picture and bring it back to show Abigail and the kids. Here's what I saw....

....seals! You have to look real closely as they seem to blend in with their surroundings. There's even a pup lying there in the sun!

We stopped at a nearby restaurant and I treated everyone to some yummy ice cream shakes. The kids loved drawing pictures on the butcher paper on the table.

Mommy and Annalina--such a sweet picture..love it!

I had fun watching Brian throw Carson up in the air. His laugh is so cute! So far, my time with the Lysne clan was going great! I'm impressed with how Brian and Abigail are training their children to love the Lord. It is evident that they desire to please God with their parenting. I was so encouraged...

Coming up...something bright and beautiful from one of my favorite girls...

2 comments:

Abigail said...

You are so kind and thoughtful Theo. We all had such a great time while you were here and the kids just LOVED their time with you! Hopefully it will work for you and Quentin to come this summer!

Theo-Ann said...

We can't wait to see you guys again! It will be fun.:)