Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Christmas season is here at last!

I just love this time of year. It's a busy season for everyone, but in it lies one of the best holidays we could ever celebrate--Christmas. It's tradition for us to put up Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving, so ours have been up for about a week already. Thankfully, our new camera arrived yesterday in the mail, so I've been taking pictures today of things I want to share with all of you in the days ahead.

First up--some of our favorite decorations (some old and some new, too!)....

My "angel corner" is comprised of items that were all given to me. Two of the angels were made by dear friends. The framed picture says, "And the angels sang, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men" (taken from Luke 2:13-14).

And for my love of snowmen, I've got a couple of spots with these fun characters.

And for the new...

We now have a tall tree in our living room! It was time to say good-bye to our three-foot Charlie Brown tree and welcome this new one to our home. We got it after Christmas last year at an awesome price. What I love about it is that it came pre-lit so we didn't have to fuss with lights. We also had enough room to put up all of our fun ornaments from years gone by. My father-in-law buys me a Lenox ornament each year and I realized that we have six of them already. Four of them are gingerbread men which is the theme I chose after Q and I were married. Before long, those ornaments will be all over this tree.

These stockings are not new, but the place for them is. The hook is just around the corner from the tree. These are our "kid" stockings that we enjoy putting up. I would just like for them to be closer to the tree, but with the book shelf behind it, I'm not sure what to do. Do any of you have an idea for a better spot?

Well, that's it for now...there are a couple of more things in those rooms that I'd like to share with you, but that will be for another time. Hope your place is looking like Christmas!:)

No comments: